Our checklist for 3D art outsourcing project estimation
A complete checklist for 3D art outsourcing project estimation
You may be curious and have various doubts on why to consider 3D art outsourcing. The reasons are crystal clear that outsourcing is the smart choice as it is cost-effective, flexible, reduces overhead, and you are completely safe in the hands of our reliable and creative artists.
GENERAL 3D MODELING QUESTIONS:
- Do you have existing concept art? If yes, then share it with us. If concept art is required, then our team will work it out.
- What software is needed from your end to create the models?
- Do you prefer an existing model, or are you looking for a model from scratch?
- Kindly share an existing model if you have one for review and analysis. If not, do share the visual references to understand it better and how it looks for each type of unit, item, or character.
- How many polygons are needed for each model?
- Do you need retopology?
- Do you have any need for the hierarchy of the objects and pivots?
- Do you require LODs? If yes, then how many do you need? Are there any limitations?
- Can you name the game engine that is used in the project?
3D Modeling general questions
PBR AND TEXTURES:
- How many maps are needed for each material? Make a list of the maps if you can.
- Will you prefer seamless textures?
- Will you need a standard of procedural material?
- Can you let us know the size of each texture in pixels?
- Describe the level of detail and quality of a texture. Kindy do include visual references for each type of texture.
- In case you have an existing scene implemented in the engine, send it over along with the textures during the review and analysis.
- How many bones are needed for the rig?
- Do you prefer IK (Inverse Kinematics)?
3D ANIMATION AND VFX:
- Let us know the software or game engine where the animations are to be done within.
- Please come up with a list of descriptions of all the animations (idle, attack, jump, etc.). Do remember to add visual references for them.
- What will be the length of each animation in seconds?
- Is it acceptable to add an animation loop?
- Are there any additional requirements for the animation?
- Will you prefer skinning? If yes, do elaborate.
- Will you need blend shapes? If yes, do elaborate.
- Do you prefer VFX? If yes, add a list of VFXs with their visual references.
- Is there a limit to the overall number of particles?
Though this information mentioned above is critical, we can make it easier. And it is highly recommended to fill in all the answers before we start estimating the 3D art.
Our meticulous attention to the intricate details during the development stage of any game art outsourcing project is vital to save your time and money.